Full Program »
TT03 Digital energy systems – Technologies, Use cases and Policy Options (Part II)
Sunday, 25 June 2023
15:45 - 17:45
Digitalization is a megatrend that affects and transforms societal, economic, and environmental processes on a global scale.
Driven by a combination of technological advances and evolving energy policy and regulation, digitalization also affects the operation and planning of the energy sector.
This tutorial provides a comprehensive, detailed overview over digitalization effects with emphasis on power systems, including data markets, emerging technologies, use cases, and challenges.
Course Outline (duration 4h)
- Background: Digitalization phenomena, drivers and its value proposition.
- Data and infrastructure: Components, energy demand and efficiency.
- Applications: Use cases, risks and benefits of digital technologies and business models, data valuation and markets.
- Perspectives: Current decision-maker perceptions on digital energy systems: outcomes of an international UN survey.
- Policy design: e.g., for cyber security, artificial intelligence, digital platforms and regulatory sandboxes.
Swiss Federal Office of Energy / École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne
United Nations Economic Commission for Europe
Senior Researcher at the Centre for Power and Energy Systems in INESC TEC, Portugal
University of Pisa